Updated: Sep 26
"A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman
But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult."
- Melinda Gates
Venturing into entrepreneurship is an exciting, bumpy, sometimes scary, and challenging journey. People start businesses for various reasons, but the ultimate goal is or should be to build financial freedom. So, the last thing you want is to trade one job for another.
Over the last two years, the number of new women-owned businesses has skyrocketed and has grown twice as fast as their male counterparts. But, as women, we face different challenges when we start businesses.
The reality is that a big part of women's challenges is themselves.
Did you know that nearly 25% of women don't feel confident regarding sales growth and business performance and tend to doubt their decisions and criticize themselves?
We are also less likely to ask for financing for our business, and when we do, it's significantly less than men. This puts us at a disadvantage because we have to use more of our funds. All of this has to stop.
Women tend to operate in masculine energy and think that's the way to move in the business world. Nah, that's far from the truth. We just have to get back to what we know and learn who we are as Women CEOs.
Are you thinking about starting a business? Here's what you need to know.
Keep these tips in mind:
Trust your intuition. This is huge! You have to move past your self-doubt and trust your intuition. You will never progress if you ignore what you know because you are afraid to take a chance.
● Accept that self-doubt and self-criticism are natural reactions when starting a business. Acknowledge it and keep it moving.
● Why do you doubt yourself anyway? What stories are you telling yourself that lead to these doubts? Are those stories facts or feelings?
Strengthen your money mindset. Women have a harder time asking for money than men. We believe we don't deserve or shouldn't ask for big money. That has to stop too. To reach your fullest potential as a female CEO, strengthen your relationship with money. A broken relationship will attract brokeness (I made that word up).
● What stories do you tell yourself about money?
● Do you have trouble receiving money, asking for money, or raising your prices? Why?
● How do you feel about investing in your business? What feelings do you have about paying yourself from your business regularly?
Find The Right Circle. This is another big one! When you enter the entrepreneurial space, your friends and family don't always understand or support you. But, you don't have to push forward alone. Instead, surround yourself with people who will support, encourage, and travel the journey with you. Remember, it's not always going to be the folks you've known the longest.
● Join or start a mastermind.
● Become an active member of a business community or group.
● Reach out to a fellow female entrepreneur and strike up a conversation.
● Attend business conferences or events.
Be persistent. As you start a business, unexpected issues and challenges will be thrown your way.
● Be ready to show up even through difficult times and tough challenges. If you want to give up, there is an underlying reason at the root. Learn how to show up even when you want to quit.
● Don't take "no" for an answer.
Features tell, and benefits sell. One of the most important lessons in business is understanding that people buy your knowledge and experience, not your products or services.
● How will your business impact someone else's life?
● What value do others receive as a result of your business?
● What transformation will your product or service bring into someone's life starting a business can be a fulfilling process where you challenge your current beliefs and grow. Most important is not to let self-doubt or self-criticism get in the way of getting started.
You are needed, and so is your service, but you must get out of your way to get to the abundance. Of course, you're not going to start a million-dollar business overnight. But, at least start with a commitment to show up as your best self every day.
Are you ready to start marketing your group coaching business? Register for the ELEVATE: Build Your Boss Brand™ in 8-week program here! Learn how to build, market, and launch your profitable group coaching program!
Do you need to eliminate self-doubt and limiting beliefs to get started? Join the Rewire Your Brain With Positive Affirmations mini-course here!
Join our newsletter and get your FREE copy of 5 Simple Steps To A Profitable Coaching Business here!
About Angela M Mitchell